Road & Lanai Repairs
Mahalo for choosing Hanalei Bay Resort. We’re delighted to have you as our guests!
Work on Hono’iki is scheduled to begin on August 7th and includes scraping off top two inches off the surface and replacing. They will keep one lane open for access, however during that work, the HBR entrance will be closed for a short period. No details on the day and time of the closure as of yet.
Princeville Roadwork in August Tuesday, August 1, 2017
August is going to be a very busy month for Princeville road work. Through the month, there will be two major projects:
- Road Sealing: Punahele, Namakea, Kapi’olani Loop, Kamamalu Loop, Kalakaua, Iolani, Edward, and Pepelani Loop. Work begins July 31 and is expected to last 5 days. We can expect rain delays. Additional roads are scheduled for sealing in September, October and November.
- Unit IV Road Reconstruction: Hono’iki Road, Poki’i Place, Kekuanao’a, and Liholiho Driveway. Work is scheduled to begin August 7th and is expected to last 3 -5 days. We will be updating the schedule every day to keep residents informed with the latest information. Here are a few things to always keep in mind:
- Delay: road work always means delays. Please plan accordingly.
- Inconvenience: there will be periods during which residents will be inconvenienced including short periods (generally 4 hours or less) when you will not be able to drive to or from your home. We will do our best to keep you updated as to when access will be blocked.
- Courtesy: road work is dangerous! Please drive slowly and obey instructions from traffic control personnel at all times.
- Damage: anyone that drives on a closed road will be charged for any damage to either the road or property.
These projects are a major investment in Princeville’s infrastructure. We all benefit by the result. Please help us make the work go smoothly.
Spalling repairs to a select group of lanais will be taking place January 5, 2018 through April 27, 2018.
You may notice construction related noise between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Every effort will be taken to reduce the sound as much as possible and respond to any concern.
Once again, mahalo for your understanding and cooperation during this emergency repair work.